Friday 29 April 2011

Afon Teigl - 4/46

Afon Teigl with Fidelma - 28 April 2011
Fidelma and I are having a weekend staying with friends at a stunning cottage overlooking the river Teigl near Blaenau Ffestiniog in North Wales - this would prove an ideal time to bag a couple of swims!

We arrived before anyone else so decided to go for a walk, not too far, maybe half a mile up the river that the cottage sits on - the cottage used to be a mill. It was amazing, after spending five hours in the car, to be able to walk in open and quiet countryside with just Shetland Ponies for company.

After about half an hour we came upon a group of kids on an outward bound week from a school in Coventry, the group leader mentioned a plunge pool about 250m away - we just had to investigate!

We walked upstream and found the pool, it was stunning! Probably about 12' deep and with steep sides that were ideal for jumping or diving off! After procratinating for all of a nano second I decided I had to go in - so I stripped to my shreddies and dived in from about 6' up... it was f-f-f-freezing! I swam round the buttress to see Fidelma getting undressed, she wasn't walking away without getting wet! In she went - twice. I did a couple more jumps and dives, tried climbing a steep bank out of the water and generally messed about in the pool for about 15 minutes.

Another tick in my 46, and probably the coldest so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment